Delving into JSON feeds



Developing my latest JSON-based widgets was done with a lot of trial and error, without a good understanding of the JSON-format and lacking knowledge of how to access the feed and retrieve the data. So this weekend I did some research and developed a small javascript program to analyze the feeds. It is tech stuff, so don't worry if you don't understand it.

I found some documentation on the JSON-feed format, based on Google Calendar. A little later I discovered a simple tutorial on how to browse through JSON objects.

I changed this into a recursive javascript function, that browses the complete JSON-feed-tree, and displays all keys and all values. You can use is to research any JSON-feed.

Create a simple HTML-page, using the following code.






JSON FEED PARSER







In this code replace the beautifulbeta.blogspot.com feed reference to your own blog's feed.

Open the HTML-page in your browser, and the complete feed will be displayed.




0 comments: